Incredible Inquiry Celebration

Posted by moya | Posted in Celebrations and Special Days, Integrated Studies, Uncategorized | Posted on September 19, 2014

Yesterday the 1/2s had a wonderful celebration of all their inquiry learning. Children have developed a range of skills throughout the process and enjoyed the chance to share their understandings and ideas. Wonderful learning for everyone, even the teachers!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Some of our reflections from 1/2L –

If you see some rubbish on the ground pick it up and try not to litter because it affects the animals – Maggie

World War II was actually bigger than World War I. We study war so we don’t have it again – Zach

You need to plan everything before you start – Josh

I enjoyed inquiry because you get to design great stuff – Winter

Design was good because we built what we planned – Harrison

I learnt about the 12 best indigenous players in the AFL – Sunday

I designed a scarf – Connor

I saw people working really hard on their designs and I also learnt to work hard – Arel

You use different materials to design different things. You wouldn’t make a playground from paper – Winnie

I learnt what cats eat and how they use their claws – Verity

Before you design something you need to figure out what materials to use – Alice

It would be better if you put your rubbish in the bin so it’s doesn’t blow away and go to the ocean – Jessie

Designing is more fun than it sounds because you end up with something that might be a surprise – Henry

I learnt that designers might change their design because it might be tricky or take too long and that’s ok – Liam

I decided to do design because we could design what we wanted and we had fun – Sienna

I planted a sunflower – Archer

I learnt how much rubbish there was in our school and would like to change that – Poppy

My work was about gum nut babies inspired by some really, really old gum nut baby books – Sam

If you want to make a really good design you often need to take your time – Sarah

I researched and found that eight million people died in World War I – Riley

I loved planting the plantar box gardens with succulents. We chose succulents because they can be planted without roots. They grow well without water and sun – Violet

Write a comment

Follow this blog

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.