More Adventures in Narnia

Posted by Lauren | Posted in Art and Craft, Celebrations and Special Days, English | Posted on November 27, 2013

Instead of walking through the school gates this morning, the 1/2s of Bell Primary stepped thorough the wardrobe and into the land of Narnia. There were fauns, lions, versions of the four Pevensy children, Kings and Queens, beavers, a sparkly crowd of terrifying White Witches, even a robin.

We began the day with a magical parade, a chance for photos, then went back to our classrooms. In 1/2LK we began the day by making gorgeous crowns – for once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia. We began by cutting our cardboard strips into crown patterns. Moya and Lauren measured them to our heads and stapled them (not to our heads) then we painted them with water colours. They looked lovely but we made them even more beautiful by sticking on decorations and glitter. Everyone’s crowns looked wonderful, they were all so different!

After morning tea we settled down to watch the BBC version of Narnia and eat Turkish Delight!

“I enjoyed watching the Narnia video. I’m dressed as Peter.” Will

“I’m getting scared watching the movie, the witch is scary!” Violet

“I’m getting scared too, my eyes are popping out.” Joel

“I thought the white witch was going to look different.” Goldie

“I really enjoyed making the crowns and decorating them. And thanks to mum for a great costume.” Ben

“Every single time the white witch yelled at someone I said “nice one” in my head.” Vas

“I’ll turn you all into stone!” Ruby

“Thanks mum for helping me make my really great Peter costume.” Henry

“I am Aslan, I feel awesome!” Arel

Comments (2)

So many amazing costumes! I definitely think my favourite ones were the kids who dressed as the wardrobe. So clever!

Also, so great to see kids connecting with a book so well.

Write a comment

Follow this blog

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.